[R-sig-ME] zero variance and standard deviation in random effects

Tahsin Ferdous t@h@|n|erdou@uo|c @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 3 05:46:07 CET 2021

Thanks a lot, everyone, for your valuable suggestion. I have run another
mixed model that assumes the district as random effects; each district has
values (yield) at different years. There are 12 districts; the data is
repeated measures. I get a very small variance for the districts
(5.692e-17). I checked the coefficients of the model. The intercepts for
all districts are the same. In this case, can I run a random intercept
mixed model? Or, which model will be appropriate in this case? Can I run a
regression model assuming year (2000 to 2018) and district ( 12 districts)
as covariates?