[R-sig-ME] Advice for the R-package of lme4

Thu Aug 26 04:02:25 CEST 2021

   If you want to check for yourself, you can retrieve older versions of
the tarballs (.tar.gz files) from
https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/lme4/

  Alternatively, if you install the 'remotes' package, you can use

remotes::install_version("lme4", "1.1-23")

- this basically automates the process of downloading the tarball and
installing it.

  You *will* need development tools (compilers etc.) installed to do
this (an alternative is to use the 'checkpoint' package to retrieve old
package versions from MRAN (a versioned mirror of CRAN maintained by
Microsoft).

--
Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University