[R-sig-ME] Course: Introduction to Linear Mixed Effects Models and GLMM with R-INLA

John Poe jdpoe223 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 11 17:04:54 CEST 2020

I think it's a little bit pedantic to criticize the flyer here since I
assume that the distinction between nested and cross classified grouping
structures is made pretty clear in the class itself.

I haven't seen the course material obviously so that's an assumption on my
part given how I teach it. I do spend a lot of time on it whenever I teach
mixed effects models because it is an important point of confusion for
people. I tend to use either "clustered" or the term "grouping structure"
as generic and differentiate between nested, crossed, and multiple
membership personally. So i understand the point Mollie and Henrik are
making but it might be unfair to expect that level of nuance in a flyer?