[R-sig-ME] Multi-level Rasch Model Per Douglas Bates' paper

Wed May 13 17:54:14 CEST 2020

    Yes, this is cross-posted, and I was planning on getting around to
showing how to do it in the Cross-Validated post. glmmTMB doesn't have a
built-in dotplot method, but you can cheat pretty easily because the
individual components of a ranef() extracted from a glmmTMB fit ($cond
for conditional model, $zi for zero-inflation model if any) have the
same structure as ranef() from lme4, so you can steal the plotting method:

library(glmmTMB)
example(glmmTMB)
library(lme4)
r <- ranef(m1)
library(lattice)
lme4:::dotplot.ranef.mer(r$cond)

   Note that it's not as easy to get dotplots with whiskers from coef()
because of some long-standing (and deep) issues with computing standard
deviations for the sum of a fixed and a random effect ...