[R-sig-ME] Multi-level Rasch Model Per Douglas Bates' paper

Simon Harmel @|m@h@rme| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 13 18:09:41 CEST 2020

Dear Phillip,

The post you saw was about the "model" itself not the question I have asked
here:)

Dear Ben,
Thank you:) as you know my data is huge and won't fit any plot. I simply
want to make sure that "*item easiness estimates*" and "*person ability
estimates*" are correctly obtained in the following way for each model
given Prof. Bates' paper:

r11 <- ranef(m1, condVar = TRUE) # for 'm1' model in my original question
in this thread
r22 <- ranef(m2, condVar = TRUE)  # for 'm2' model in my original question
in this thread

### Person abilities and item easinesses for 'm1'
person_abilities11 <- r11$cond$person_id$`(Intercept)`
item_easiness11 <- r11$cond$item_id$`(Intercept)`

### Person abilities and item easinesses for 'm2'
person_abilities22 <- r22$cond$person_id$`(Intercept)`
item_easiness22 <- r22$cond$item_id$`(Intercept)`