[R-sig-ME] Multi-level Rasch Model Per Douglas Bates' paper

Phillip Alday ph||||p@@|d@y @end|ng |rom mp|@n|
Wed May 13 17:28:11 CEST 2020

I think I saw this go past on CrossValidated -- you should mention any
crossposting. :)

In general, it would be nice to know what the structure of your data
are. Is "gender" a property of your participants, items, or something
else? What about item_type?

In lme4, you can extract the item-level predictions with coef(m) (which
is the same as ranef(m) + fixef(m)).  You can even get a plot of these with:

library(lattice)

dotplot(ranef(m, condVar=TRUE))

The zero-point is the grand mean (i.e. the corresponding fixed effect).

I don't know if this is the same as in glmmTMB.

Best,

Phillip