[R-sig-ME] compare a neighbourhood value with the city mean - test of significance in presence of spatial autocorrelation

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Mon Jun 3 09:23:31 CEST 2019

Dear Dani,

What I would do is create a graph indicating which neighbourhoods are
directly connected to each other (share a border). And use this information
to fit a Besag-York-Mollier model which takes care of the auto-correlation
among the neighbourhoods. For an example see
library(INLA)
demo("Bym")

You can find the INLA package at http://www.r-inla.org

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey