[R-sig-ME] compare a neighbourhood value with the city mean - test of significance in presence of spatial autocorrelation

dani jones orch|dn @end|ng |rom ||ve@com
Mon Jun 3 01:50:05 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I have a dataset with all neighbourhoods in a city and a value for each neighbourhood (a rate). I would like to be able to create a vizualization that enables the user to select individual neighbourhoods and find out whether the value of that neighbourhood is significantly higher or lower than the city average across all neighbourhoods (I have a value that was calculated for the city). Given that the neighbourhoods are contiguous areas composing the city, there is spatial dependency, so I cannot use z scores or apply other classical statistics test since the observations are not independent and spatial autocorrelation might exist.

I am not sure what test to apply to achieve this. Any help and links to potential readings would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Dani

<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>