[R-sig-ME] binary trait correlation across environments (experimental trials) using MCMCglmm?

Plough, Louis lplough @ending from umce@@edu
Wed Jan 2 17:33:06 CET 2019

Dear list,
I am trying to estimate the genetic correlation between binary traits
(survival) across trial (experimental) exposures of oysters to low
salinity.  I have a 50 family half-sib design (with replicates) that have
been deployed in a randomized design. Estimates of heritability with
MCMCglmm were reasonable in each of the two trials (same families used but
different individuals) but I am interested in estimating the genetic
correlation for survival between the two trials.

Code and suggestions I have read on this and other online forums seem to
apply to genetic correlations (rG) estimated for two traits measured on the
SAME individuals at the same time (environment) e.g. tarsus length and
color of birds.  For example, code like this from a a  2017 R-Sig-ME post