[R-sig-ME] fitting beta and zero mixture model containing both nested and crossed random effects

Meng Liu liumeng @ending from u@c@edu
Wed Jun 13 16:47:18 CEST 2018

Hi Ben and Guilaume,

Thank you for reply. I am working on a precision experiment design, in
which a sample will be tested using different assay, by different operator
at different site. The measurement is allele frequency of DNA, which is a
continuous proportion outcome. I originally plan to run a beta distribution
random effects model, among which assay, operator and site are all random
factors. However, because I found there are some zeros in the response
data, that's why I am trying to run a zero-inflated beta random effects
model, with random factors in both zero part and non zero part. I.e., we
assume there will be variance from each factor in terms of predicting zero,
and variance from each factor in terms of continuous data. However, the
final research question would be evaluating the total variance contributed
from each factor.I can see here it is more complex for just generalized
linear model because of random effects from two different models. I am
wondering if you have any idea on this or do you know anybody who might
have thoughts on this?

Thank you again for all help!

Best regards,

Meng