[R-sig-ME] error in glmmTMB when adding glmmTMBControl: unused arguments

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:48:46 CET 2018

A reproducible example would be useful.  This works (with the
development version
of glmmTMB, but I'd be surprised if it broke since the last CRAN release ...)

library(glmmTMB)

m1 <- glmmTMB(count~ mined + (1|site),
              zi=~mined,
              family=poisson, data=Salamanders,
  control=glmmTMBControl(optCtrl=list(iter.max=1e3,
                                      eval.max=1e3),
                         profile=TRUE))

what's your sessionInfo()?

Maybe obvious, but it would probably be efficient to do some
troubleshooting/model-checking on a
smaller subset of your data, if you haven't already ...