[R-sig-ME] error in glmmTMB when adding glmmTMBControl: unused arguments

Diego Pavon diego.pavonjordan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 09:04:49 CET 2018

Dear list

I am trying to run this model

M1.zi <- glmmTMB(Abundance ~ Temp_std + NEness_std + WithinNatura +
Winter_std
                 + WithinNatura * Winter_std + NEness_std * Winter_std +
Temp_std * WithinNatura
                 + WithinNatura * Winter_std  * NEness_std
                 + (1|fWinter/site) + (1|species),
                 family = poisson,
                 ziformula = ~ 1,
                 data = AllSpecies)

but after a couple of days (I have 3.5 million data points), I finally got
an error:

Error in optimHess(par.fixed, obj$fn, obj$gr) :
  gradient in optim evaluated to length 1 not 14
In addition: There were 11 warnings (use warnings() to see them)

Then I tried to add the CONTROL argument following
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/glmmTMB/glmmTMB.pdf:

M1.zi <- glmmTMB(Abundance ~ Temp_std + NEness_std + WithinNatura +
Winter_std
                 + WithinNatura * Winter_std + NEness_std * Winter_std +
Temp_std * WithinNatura
                 + WithinNatura * Winter_std  * NEness_std
                 + (1|fWinter/site) + (1|species),
                 family = poisson,
                 control = glmmTMBControl(optCtrl = list(iter.max = 1000,
eval.max = 1000), profile = TRUE, collect = FALSE),
                 ziformula = ~ 1,
                 data = AllSpecies)

For some reason, I get this error message:

Error in glmmTMB(Abundance ~ Temp_std + NEness_std + WithinNatura +
Winter_std +  :
  unused argument (control = glmmTMBControl(optCtrl = list(iter.max = 1000,
eval.max = 1000), profile = TRUE, collect = FALSE))

Does anyone have an idea how to specify the control arguments? I suspect
this is some small thing I am missing but I can't see it anymore...

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Best

Diego

--
*Diego Pavón Jordán*