[R-sig-ME] error in glmmTMB when adding glmmTMBControl: unused arguments

Mollie Brooks mollieebrooks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:07:39 CET 2018

Yes, I agree that the control argument (as you specified it) appears to be working on the development version of glmmTMB.
For example
(m3 <- glmmTMB(count~spp + mined + (1|site),
  zi=~spp + mined,
  family=nbinom2, Salamanders, control = glmmTMBControl(optCtrl = list(iter.max = 1000,
eval.max = 1000), profile = TRUE, collect = FALSE)))

The error you get

>> Error in optimHess(par.fixed, obj$fn, obj$gr) :
>>  gradient in optim evaluated to length 1 not 14
>> In addition: There were 11 warnings (use warnings() to see them)

should have produced a message including "See vignette('troubleshooting')". If it didn’t, then something is broken, so please report it in the issue tracker on GitHub or let me know.

thanks,
Mollie

Mollie E. Brooks, Ph.D.
Research Scientist