[R-sig-ME] ICC for glmer Poisson

dani orchidn at live.com
Fri Feb 2 18:31:43 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

I am looking for information regarding the calculation of the ICC for a Poisson Glmer model.

I remember seeing somewhere that the within group variance is considered to be 1 in the calculation of the ICC for Poisson, but I do not have a reference for that. I did some research online but I could not find much.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Also, is there a way to determine significance and CIs for variances? I was thinking that variance can be tested by comparing a Glm model (without random effects) and the Glmer model (with random effects) using anova(), but I have no idea how to calculate the CIs.

Thank you all!

MD