[R-sig-ME] p-values glmer in lme4

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 23:18:18 CEST 2017

   I agree that the label should go according to the inference used. The
funny (??) thing is that in base lmer (not in the lmerTest extension
package) *the summary doesn't print p-values at all*, so according to
the rubric above we can't tell whether the (mean/stderr) column should
be labeled 'z' or 't'. (We could label that column 'mean/std.err.', but
then some users would ask "why doesn't the summary print either z or t
values?" :-( )