[R-sig-ME] Linear mixed effects

Steve Pierce Steve.Pierce at cstat.msu.edu
Fri Mar 24 13:35:00 CET 2017

Victoria,

The sort of model you're fitting is often called a growth curve model. The first half of following book is an excellent source on these sorts of models. It gives great descriptions of how to specify & interpret such models. They use lots of graphs to help visualize different model specifications and results. Example code for the text book is available online at http://stats.idre.ucla.edu/other/examples/alda/ as well.

Singer, J. D., & Willett, J. B. (2003). Applied longitudinal data analysis: Modeling change and event occurrence. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.

Steven J. Pierce, Ph.D.
Acting Director; Associate Director
Center for Statistical Training & Consulting (CSTAT)
Michigan State University
E-mail: Steve.Pierce at cstat.msu.edu