[R-sig-ME] GLMM - selection of models

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 22:31:41 CET 2017

There are strong theoretical arguments for **not** doing stepwise
selection on models (any kind, at all), e.g.
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/statistics/stepwise-regression-problems/.
If you must, you can use `drop1()` to semi-automate the process, or
you can use MuMIn::dredge to do all-subsets fitting.