[R-sig-ME] GLMM - selection of models

Philippi, Tom tom_philippi at nps.gov
Thu Mar 16 23:19:03 CET 2017

In addition to what Dr. Bolker wrote, note that for family=poisson, as you
add or drop fixed effects, there will be different amounts of
overdispersion among the models fits.  This can be an issue that affects
both the mechanics and interpretation of any form of model selection or
averaging.  May you be luckier with your data and overdispersion than I
tend to be with mine.

Tom 2