[R-sig-ME] GLMM for underdispersed count data: Conway-Maxwell-Poisson and Ordinal

Jonathan Judge bachlaw01 at outlook.com
Fri Dec 9 05:03:02 CET 2016

The Conway-Maxwell-Poisson may well be the way to go here; I’ll note only that I have sometimes found underdispersed counting data being driven by excess zeroes. If zero-inflation of some kind is in fact the culprit, and you still wish to use multi-level modeling, the brms front-end for Stan offers a variety of easy-to-use fitting options for zero-inflation / hurdle / adjustment.

Best,

Jonathan