[R-sig-ME] call for help

Carlos Familia carlosfamilia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:54:18 CEST 2016

Hi,

I normally use the following code to check for assumptions:

par(mfrow=c(2,2))

plot(fitted(mdl),residuals(mdl), pch = '.')
abline(lm(y ~ x, data = data.frame(y = residuals(mdl), x = fitted(mdl))), col = 'red')
abline(a=0, b=0, lty=3)

plot(fitted(mdl), amps.long$mic, pch = '.', ylab = 'observed')
abline(lm(y ~ x, data = data.frame(y = amps.long$mic, x = fitted(mdl))), col = 'red')
abline(a = 0, b = 1, lty=3)

qqnorm(residuals(mdl))
qqline(residuals(mdl))

hist(residuals(mdl),breaks = 50, probability = T)
lines(density(residuals(mdl)), col = "red")
par(mfrow=c(1,1))

There are other ways to do it, and you should know what are the assumptions, for that I suggest for you to take a loot at Douglas Bates book.

Best regards,
Carlos Família

Carlos Familia, MPharm, PharmD
ISCSEM Assistant Lecturer
ISCSEM Laboratory of Molecular Pathology Researcher
ISCSEM Erasmus Mundus Master in Forensic Sciences Vice-coordinator
Tel. +351 212946700 (Main) / +351 212946769 (Lab)
e-mail: carlosfamilia at gmail.com / carlosfamilia at egasmoniz.edu.pt