[R-sig-ME] Mixed mutlinomial regression for count data with overdisperion & zero-inflation

Stéphanie Périquet stephanie.periquet at gmail.com
Tue May 17 08:28:42 CEST 2016

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your answer!

I am aware that a lot of zero doesn't mean zero inflation, but if my
understanding is correct the only way to check for ZI would be to compare
one model take doesn't take it into account and another one that does right?

With the model example I gave (count~item+item:season+item:
moon+offset(logduration)+(1+indiv)+(1|obs)) glmmADMB doesn't run but I'm
gonna dig a bit more into this ans come back t you if I can't figure it out.

Best,
Stephanie