[R-sig-ME] Justification to exclude random effect

Reuben Smit smit.reuben at gmail.com
Wed May 11 02:43:03 CEST 2016

I'm modeling presence/absence using binary logistic regression. The
complexity begins with using a model-averaged logistic mixed model to
predict onto a new and very large dataset. I'm having trouble with
non-conformable argument error messages, only with the logistic regression.
I can model counts with the random effect and those average and predict
fine with the same dataset. Standard glm predicts very well. I suppose I
should provide a reproducible example, since the error is really why I'm
trying to avoid the random effect, and that maybe content for a separate
post.

-Reuben