[R-sig-ME] Mixed Models

Emmanuel Curis emmanuel.curis at parisdescartes.fr
Tue Feb 16 17:14:02 CET 2016

Hi Jessica,

It is very difficult to help about the error message without more
details without more details on your dataset, but basically it means
that you have redundant information in your 'fixed effects' variables
(counfounding variables).

For instance, you may have only male (so "sex" is useless, redundant
with 1), or "dodgy" may be 1 only for males and 0 only for femalees,
to the two variables are in fact the same...

mass = 3 * length + 4 for instance), here again making these two
variables redundant.

Including confounding variables as fixed effects seems otherwise a
good starting point, but here again without any details about their
meaning, it's impossible to say if you are right in the syntax and so
on.

Best regards,