[R-sig-ME] A model for repeated treatments and repeated outcomes

Daniel Rubi daniel_rubi at ymail.com
Fri Feb 12 02:01:44 CET 2016

Dear Thierry,

Thanks a lot for the help.

Please allow me to explain better.

What I'm trying to estimate is whether the trend in pre-operation GFR affects the levels of post-operation GFR.
The GFR is a measurement that assesses kidney function based on a blood sample and for that reason it reflects the functions of both kidneys.
The operation is either partial or total removal of one kidney - that is affected. Therefore it is supposed to prevent GFR from escalating.

What I'm interesting in estimating is whether the trend of pre-operation GFR (along the time pre-operation time points) is a good predictor of the post-operatoin GFR. It's not clear at which post-operation time point it is correct to measure GFR and therefore I have 3 time points.

The trivial thing to do is to estimate the slope of pre-operation GFR and individually regress each of the post-operation GFRs against thos.

But I'm wondering whether there's anything better?

Thanks a lot,
Dan