[R-sig-ME] A model for repeated treatments and repeated outcomes

Peter Claussen dakotajudo at mac.com
Fri Feb 12 18:43:42 CET 2016

Dan,

If I may jump in.

If I read this correctly, you have two random samples per patient - a random sample of pre-operation GRF and a random sample post-operation. I think these should be considered random since you state the points are not evenly spaced in either case.

So you add a factor for sampling period (SamplePeriod = c(“Pre”,”Post”)) and model random effect as (SamplePeriod | Patient).

That’s my first thought - I’m not sure given three points per sample period you can reasonably measure trends.

Peter