[R-sig-ME] Distribution family for non-negative lower and upper bound values

Gitu wa Mbui gitumbui at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 23:54:19 CET 2015

Alain, Steven,

Thanks both for the lead and for the papers. A few clarifications:

*1. SP>> Consider a mixed effects variant of the beta regression model, as
discussed in the papers below.*

I assume that you agree with the rescaling approach then? I should have
mentioned that I will be comparing several models  - the ideal package
would be gamm4, however it doesn't fit betar family. (gamm package does but
comparing models is compromised)

*2. AZ>>You could try a beta distribution, which can be used when your data
is between x1 and x2.*

Not sure I understand 'when your data is between x1 and x2'. What does x1
and x2 refer to?

In any case - as recommended in your book - beginners to GAMM, gamm4
package is ideal when comparing models (I have 500 models to compare). This
doesn't fit beta family - is there a workaround?

*3. AZ>>All in all this sounds like an MCMC job. I haven't tried
SabreR...maybe it can do a beta distribution.*

I haven't tried these two before

Kind regards,

Gitu