[R-sig-ME] Distribution family for non-negative lower and upper bound values

Steven J. Pierce pierces1 at msu.edu
Fri Dec 25 16:57:03 CET 2015

Gitu,

Consider a mixed effects variant of the beta regression model, as discussed in the papers below.

Smithson, M., & Verkuilen, J. (2006). A better lemon squeezer? Maximum likelihood regression with beta-distributed dependent variables. Psychological Methods, 11(1), 54-71. doi:10.1037/1082-989X.11.1.54

Zimprich, D. (2010). Modeling change in skewed variables using mixed beta regression models. Research in Human Development, 7(1), 9-26. doi:10.1080/15427600903578136

Steven J. Pierce, Ph.D.
Associate Director
Center for Statistical Training & Consulting (CSTAT)
Michigan State University