[R-sig-ME] Mixed modelling and Species Area Relationship (SAR)

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Thu Nov 26 15:21:07 CET 2015

Dear Gitu,

If the area is constant within each method, then the random effect of
method will model the area effect. If not you can add area to the fixed
effects of the model. You have several options: as an offset, as a
(log)linear trend, as a smoother, ... Much will depend on your assumption
on the relation between species richness and sample area.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25