[R-sig-ME] Mixed modelling and Species Area Relationship (SAR)

Gitu wa Mbui gitumbui at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 03:22:37 CET 2015

Thanks @TO and @BB. Sounds like there is a consensus that adding area as a
covariate (log area) is the way to go, considering a variable area among
methods. A few clarifications:

1. @TO - under what circumstances would you add area 'as an offset, as a
(log)linear trend, as a smoother'? please clarify

2. Would it make a difference if the model is smoothed spline? (i.e such
that: gamm4(response ~ s(Area) + s(b1, k..) +...)

~Gitu

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Thierry Onkelinx <thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be