[R-sig-ME] Mixed modelling and Species Area Relationship (SAR)

Gitu wa Mbui gitumbui at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 15:09:40 CET 2015

How does one account for the species area relationship in a mixed model of
predicting species richness?

Sampling was carried out using different methods - photoquadrats, transects
etc ( five different methods).

The area of the sampled plots differed and there were hundreds of plots. I
am constructing a glmm for predicting the species richness, overall, and
have configured the Method of sampling as a random intercept in the model.
I am wondering how I should construct the model such the influence of SAR
is taken into account - considering that SAR can not be a random factor.

~Gitu