[R-sig-ME] Time as both fixed and random term

Pantelis Hadjipantelis kalakouentin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 04:59:50 CET 2015

Hello Joe,

I think that discretising a continuous variable can be unnatural and
make a model hard to interpreter. AIC while extremely helpful is not a
panacea.
Unless I had distinctly clustered measurement times and I could
additionally assume that the time-dependence of the data is very
weak/non-existent I would actively avoid treating time as factor.

Best regards,
Pantelis