[R-sig-ME] Logistic modelling with guessing parameter

Peter Harrison pharr011 at gold.ac.uk
Fri May 8 13:56:47 CEST 2015

Hello Ben and Ken,

Thanks very much for your useful responses!

Ben - thanks for your hint re non-finite values in PIRLS, I'll bear that in mind for the future. I added non-finite warning checks to the link functions etc. and nothing came up this time, unfortunately.

You're right, all of the groups show complete separation - I hadn't thought too carefully about this but realise now that it will be a problem. I think I might have to merge the musical tracks into larger groups, perhaps by metre, genre, etc.

Thanks a lot for the great graph, too!

Ken - thanks for the heads-up about using the link directly from the psyphy package, that definitely simplifies things! Sorry, the code I gave and you ran is an example that does work: responses ~ accuracy + (1|p_ID). The model I was having problems with was when I added the "audio_name" predictor, i.e. responses ~ accuracy + audio_name + (1|p_ID).

Best wishes,
Peter