[R-sig-ME] lmertest F-test anova(fullm) and anova(fullm, reducedm)

marie devaine marie.devaine at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 10:51:59 CET 2014

Dear Lionel,

Thanks a lot for your input.

1) I am still not sure to get how to write things down, and I am sorry that
my description of data and model was not clear enough.
I place me in the first of the two cases that you describe, i.e. the Order
effect is a parametrical effect, Subject specific but independent of
levels. In fact, the Order variable is just a count of the number of time
the task has been performed, irrespectively of which Condition has been
performed. This is not a categorical variable and is just suppose to
capture how well the primate is learning general features about the task
(independent of Condition).
As it is, Scores~Condition*Specie+(1|Subject/Order) gives me an error since
Order values are interpreted as level, but there are as many levels as
observations by subjects.

In fact, in your example, I don't really see the difference between
(weight|subject) and (1|subject) since in both cases, the model evaluate
one coefficient by subject.

2)3) This is very clear, thank you again.

Marie