[R-sig-ME] Ordinal categorical variable as a random effect in MCMCglmm

Manabu Sakamoto manabu.sakamoto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:35:40 CET 2014

Dear Jarrod,

Thanks for your response. Quality is a ranking in the
completeness/missingness of the data; a higher quality data point is scored
higher. This is an attempt to control for potential missing information
from the response variable. The response is a count (hence the family being
Poisson), and the idea is that for each taxon on a phylogeny, there is a
count variable, but that count could potentially be under-estimated based
on the Quality of the data associated with each taxon. But in reality, this
potential under-estimation is unknown and unmeasurable so Quality is just
one attempt to control for this somewhat-known uncertainty.

many thanks,
Manabu