[R-sig-ME] How to fix the value of random intercepts (lmer/MCMCglmm)

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 18:06:37 CEST 2014

  Fitting a cumulative distribution is sometimes statistically dicey,
since the successive values will be correlated; is there a reason you
can't take first differences?

  Technically speaking, to do this in lme4 I think you would want to use
a slope-only model and include an intercept for individuals as an offset:

lmer (Y ~Intercept + Continuous Variable +
    offset(indiv_intercept)+
   (Continuous Variable +0|Individual)