[R-sig-ME] [R] lqmm - package: Error in f(arg, …) : NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 1)

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 00:45:05 CEST 2014

I did some poking around and couldn't figure it out -- it fails fairly deep
inside the function (options(error=recover) is useful ...).  I would ask
the maintainer (see maintainer("lqmm")).

  However, I wonder why you're pulling out these big guns for this
problem.  With only 4 random effects groups, you won't get much shrinkage,
and with so many data points all comparisons will probably be statistically
significant.  Why not just compute the quantiles you're interested in
across groups?

require("lqmm")
stackoverflow <- read.table("mixedModelDataSet.txt",
                            sep="\t", header = TRUE ) # import

so2 <- stackoverflow[complete.cases(stackoverflow),]
mixMoGs15 <- lqmm(gsDeviationMio ~ aoi, random =  ~ 1, group = vpName,
                  data = so2, tau = 0.15)

library(ggplot2); theme_set(theme_bw())
ggplot(so2,aes(x=aoi,y=gsDeviationMio,colour=vpName))+geom_point()
ggplot(so2,aes(x=aoi,y=gsDeviationMio,colour=vpName))+geom_boxplot()
ggplot(so2,aes(x=aoi,y=gsDeviationMio,colour=vpName,fill=vpName))+
    geom_violin()
with(so2,tapply(gsDeviationMio,list(vpName,aoi),quantile,0.15))
with(so2,table(vpName,aoi))