[R-sig-ME] Coefplot2 availability? or How to interpret?

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed May 28 20:04:31 CEST 2014

On 14-05-26 01:28 PM, Lucinda Kirkpatrick wrote:

> Ben Bolker <bbolker at ...> writes:
>

>> The error message is giving you a hint that you should try installing
>> from the source package:
>>
>> install.packages("coefplot2",repos="http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bolker/R",
>>     type="source")
>>
>>   That should work even if you don't have the tools installed for
> compiling
>> packages from source, because the coefplot2 package doesn't require any
>> binary compilation (all R has to do is unpack an archive file and put the
>> bits in the right places, which it shouldn't need any external tools to
> do).
>>

> I want to do something very similar - use coefplot2 to
> present a zero inflated negatively binomial model generated with glmmADMB.
>
> I am looking at how forest stand type and ground vegetation height inlfuence
> relative activity of bats.  SiteID and Forest are random factors, the number
> of stand types varies between forest.  Count is constrained at zero and
> residuals are overdispersed.  I have tried link provided and
> still have an error:
>
> ERROR: dependency 'reshape' is not available for package 'coefplot2'
> * removing 'H:/My Documents/R/win-library/3.1/coefplot2'
> Warning in install.packages :
>   running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-31~1.0/bin/i386/R" CMD INSTALL -l "H:\My
> Documents\R\win-library\3.1"
> C:\Users\lk17\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpEnKhgA/downloaded_packages/coefplot2_0.
> 1.3.2.tar.gz' had status 1
> Warning in install.packages :
>   installation of package ‘coefplot2’ had non-zero exit status
>

>  I am using the latest version of R (spring dance) -
> does coefplot2 work with this?
>
> Thank you, Luci

  Hmmm.  I don't quite understand why it's looking for 'reshape', but
the short answer to this one is:  do install.packages("reshape") (to get
the reshape package from your regular CRAN mirror), then try again.  If
you get another error, install _that_ package, then try one more time.
Keep going until it works.  (Sorry this is a bit tedious, but it should
only take a few minutes -- in the meantime I will try to clean things up.)

  Ben Bolker