[R-sig-ME] LMER

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun May 25 04:26:43 CEST 2014

  [taking the liberty of cc'ing to r-sig-mixed-models]

  I've just put up a document on rpubs
<http://rpubs.com/bbolker/varwald> that shows how to get the asymptotic
(Wald) variance-covariance matrix for the *ML* estimates, using the
internal 'devfun2' function.  It will take a bit more work to do the
same thing for the REML estimates, but maybe this document will provide
enough hints that someone else can do it ...

  cheers
     Ben Bolker