[R-sig-ME] example of confidence intervals for predicted values?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 17:50:21 CEST 2014

Got an example?

I'm aware of controversy about problem of calculating CIs in glm. I'm
also aware other programs throw out CIs that may not be completely
correct.  I also understand profiled std errors for parameters and
about 60% of bootMer.

And I understand almost 0% of this comment in ?predict.merMod

Note:

     There is no option for computing standard errors of predictions
  because it is difficult to define an efficient method that
incorporates uncertainty in the variance parameters; we recommend
‘bootMer’ for this task.

Can I have a working example of how this leads to a 95% CI on
predictions from an lmer. or glmer?

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science      Assoc. Director