[R-sig-ME] lme4/glmer convergence warnings

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:05:16 CEST 2014

  I think this is a false positive, caused by our recent introduction of
new convergence tests. There's been lots of discussion of this on the
list recently.

   I have a new trouble-shooting idea:

if g0 is your fitted model, can you see what happens if you scale the
estimated gradients by the curvature/standard errors?

gg <- g0 at optinfo$derivs$grad
hh <- g0 at optinfo$derivs$Hessian
vv <- sqrt(diag(solve(hh/2)))
summary(abs(gg*vv))