[R-sig-ME] errors compiling minqa during lme4 install

Pantelis Z. Hadjipantelis kalakouentin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 05:44:38 CEST 2013

On 07/10/13 01:40, Dan McCloy wrote:
> Hi Pantelis,
> My version of gcc is 4.7.3-1, and I did already have libc6-dev and
> libc-dev-bin installed.  I poked around for other likely-looking *-dev
> files that weren't installed, but didn't find any.  Strangely, I can
> get Rcpp to install just fine, so I'm actually not certain that the
> C++ installation is the problem.  My versions are R 3.0.2,  Rcpp
> 0.10.5.  I've put the full installation output in a Gist, in case
> anyone notices something I'm missing:
> https://gist.github.com/drammock/6860963

Hmm... Assuming that permissions are not an issue either I don't have an
obvious answer (It doesn't seem like you are doing some odd like having
spaces in the file path anyway).
Do you have a working Rcpp installation (not just successful library
load)? For example, if you execute in the R-terminal <code> evalCpp('2 *
M_PI') <\code> do you get back 6.283185? It's a long shot but maybe the
problem has to with your Rcpp setup.

Have you tried asking in StackOverflow? Rcpp/RcppEigen's developers and
maintainers appear to frequently answer questions there. You might get
lucky.