[R-sig-ME] errors compiling minqa during lme4 install

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:42:50 CEST 2013

Dan McCloy <drmccloy at ...> writes:

> Hi Pantelis,
> My version of gcc is 4.7.3-1, and I did already have libc6-dev and
> libc-dev-bin installed.  I poked around for other likely-looking *-dev
> files that weren't installed, but didn't find any.  Strangely, I can
> get Rcpp to install just fine, so I'm actually not certain that the
> C++ installation is the problem.  My versions are R 3.0.2,  Rcpp
> 0.10.5.  I've put the full installation output in a Gist, in case
> anyone notices something I'm missing:
> https://gist.github.com/drammock/6860963

  This is a bit of a long shot, but I wonder if for some reason there's
a bogus line break being introduced in to the g++ call.  The reason I
say this is that

-L/home/dan/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.0/Rcpp/lib:
No such file or directory

  looks like a standard attempt to execute that file rather than an
error from trying to link to a nonexistent library.

  Can you try setting up a minimal g++ example and linking it
with a bogus library directory to see if you get the same error?