[R-sig-ME] Mixed Models - remedy for pseudoreplication?

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Jul 30 15:41:33 CEST 2013

Dear Jens,

You will need to provide more details on the design of the experiment.

- do you create 6 plates on day 0 and measure them on day 1, 2, ... or do you fill a new plate each day with the content of the flasks?
- how are the flasks distributed over the plates? Each well come for a different flask? Or all wells from the same column come from one flash?

We need all the details of the design to suggest a sensible model.

Best regards,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey