[R-sig-ME] profile

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 20:02:04 CET 2013

KAYIS Seyit Ali <s_a_kayis at ...> writes:

> In the manual of lme4 (lme4t.pdf) library, "profile" and "confint"
> functions are used in page 12. I am trying to repeat the example but
> I can not. Is it necessary to call any library before using them?
> Any info is deeply appreciated.    Kind Regards  Seyit Ali

 Where are you finding lme4t.pdf ... ?

 I'm pretty sure that confint() and profile() are only available in
the development version of lme4, available from
http://lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/repos and github ... this will be
fine (I think) as long as you're doing LMMs -- you may encounter
some issues with 'fragile' GLMMs