[R-sig-ME] graphically plotting glmer results with coefplot2

Shane Gleason sgleason at siu.edu
Sat Feb 23 05:39:06 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I am trying to graph out glmer results and am doing so with the
coefplot2 package.  I can get graphs to display correctly, though I am
not sure how to interpret the confidence intervals.  Looking at my graph
(as well as plot1 in the example on the help page) there appears to be
two confidence intervals on top of each other.  This may be very basic
but the archive and Google come up empty on why there are two
(seemingly) separate confidence intervals there.

Thanks in advance everyone,

Shane

ps:  reproduction code here:

> set.seed(1001)
> y1 <- rnorm(1000,50,23)
> y2 <- rbinom(1000,1,prob=0.72)
> x1 <- rnorm(1000,50,2)
> x2 <- rbinom(1000,1,prob=0.63)
> x3 <- rpois(1000, 2)
> x4 <- runif(1000,40,100)
> x5 <- rbeta(1000,2,2)
>
> longnames <- c("a long name01","a long name02","a long name03",
+                "a long name04","a long name05")

> fit1 <- lm(y1 ~ x1 + x2 + x3 + x4 + x5)
> fit2 <- glm(y2 ~ x1 + x2 + x3 + x4 + x5,
+             family=binomial(link="logit"))

--
Shane Gleason
Doctoral Candidate