[R-sig-ME] R-square in lme

Highland Statistics Ltd highstat at highstat.com
Wed Oct 31 12:26:18 CET 2012

From: Sylvia Opriessnig<Sylvia.Opriessnig at noe-lak.at>
To:"r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org"
	<r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org>
Subject: [R-sig-ME] R-square in lme

Dear Madam or Sir

Thank you very much for your replies of my former question concerning the calculating of standard deviation/variance in lme.

I would have one further question, maybe anyone can give me an answer of it?

Do you know whether there exists a way to calculate a value similar to R² in R or do you also think, that this does not make sense for mixed linear models?

------

See:

Measuring explained variation in linear mixed effects models
Xu (2002)
Statist. Med. 2003; 22:3527–3541 (DOI: 10.1002/sim.1572)

Alain

--

Dr. Alain F. Zuur
First author of:

1. Analysing Ecological Data (2007).
Zuur, AF, Ieno, EN and Smith, GM. Springer. 680 p.
URL:www.springer.com/0-387-45967-7

2. Mixed effects models and extensions in ecology with R. (2009).
Zuur, AF, Ieno, EN, Walker, N, Saveliev, AA, and Smith, GM. Springer.
http://www.springer.com/life+sci/ecology/book/978-0-387-87457-9

3. A Beginner's Guide to R (2009).
Zuur, AF, Ieno, EN, Meesters, EHWG. Springer
http://www.springer.com/statistics/computational/book/978-0-387-93836-3

4. Zero Inflated Models and Generalized Linear Mixed Models with R. (2012) Zuur, Saveliev, Ieno.
http://www.highstat.com/book4.htm

Other books:http://www.highstat.com/books.htm

Statistical consultancy, courses, data analysis and software
Highland Statistics Ltd.
6 Laverock road
UK - AB41 6FN Newburgh
Tel: 0044 1358 788177