[R-sig-ME] weighting observations in a MCMCglmm model?

Malcolm Fairbrother m.fairbrother at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 17:25:02 CET 2012

I have actually been wondering just the same thing about MCMCglmm. (This question came up once before: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.lme4.devel/6095.)

Among other things, weights would allow for ordinal models to be fit MUCH faster. Combinations of covariates and outcomes could each be listed by row, with the row's weight reflecting the number of cases with each unique combination (as Rune suggested for clmm: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.lme4.devel/8744).

Anybody (probably Jarrod) know? If this isn't possible now, it would be useful inclusion in a future version (though maybe this would be more difficult than I realise).

Cheers,
Malcolm