[R-sig-ME] quick question regarding your "residual" command for your lmer command - please help me

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 28 16:25:12 CEST 2012

I have taken the liberty of cc:'ing the
R-SIG-Mixed-Models at R-project.org mailing list on this reply.  Many of
those who read that list will be able to help you, often more quickly
than I am able to do.

Your question is a bit confusing in that you say you are using lmer
and then quote the documentation for residuals.lme.  The nlme package,
containing lme and supporting methods, and the lme4 package,
containing lmer, are different.  You should not expect the
documentation for one to apply to the other.