[R-sig-ME] Including an offset in a binomial GLM/GLMM

Baldwin, Jim -FS jbaldwin at fs.fed.us
Tue Aug 14 15:15:14 CEST 2012

If the probability of animal presence and the detection probability are both of interest, have you considered the unmarked package?  That package will allow (and is built for) accounting for variability in sampling effort (such as the number of trap nights).

Jim Baldwin
Pacific Southwest Research Station
USDA Forest Service