[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm: priors for ordinal regression

m.fenati at libero.it m.fenati at libero.it
Mon Jul 9 12:44:59 CEST 2012

Dear Jarrod,
thank you for your fast answer.
Yes, I had converegence (presence of trend of the time series). Unfortunately,
I have ordinal data with near complete separation.
My aim is to set a poorly informative or uninformative priors for fixed effect
in order to improve the chain convergence. Then I set piorB=list(mu=c(rep(0,6)),
V=diag(6)*(100)). The choice of V=100 is not based on other logical or
numerical reasons.
I try to display the posterior distribution of latent variable (pl=T), but I
had a wide range of -25 + 25.....
How can I do? Could you help me to choose the right prior?

Thank in advance

Massimo